Kindsight is a network-based security solution that enables Internet service providers and mobile network operators to analyze Internet traffic for malware and pinpoint infected devices to identify risks and take action. To generate revenue and increase brand loyalty, Kindsight also enables communication service providers to launch differentiated, value-added services that combine network-based and device-based security for complete protection. In April 2013, Kindsight was acquired by Alcatel-Lucent and became a product line within its IP Platforms division.
Following the acquisition, I did business development for the the Kindsight Security solutions which included leading sales activities for the solution, product evangelism, demand generation, plus training and enablement of the broader Alcatel-Lucent sales team. My successes included:
- Growing the pipeline of Kindsight opportunities, including securing two new tier one customers, several new trials and expanded existing customer deployments.
- Building credibility for the solution by speaking at conferences and participating in industry organizations, including Co-chair of Online Trust Alliance Anti-botnet Working Group.
Before the acquisition, I was the VP, Marketing responsible for all aspects of corporate and product marketing, media and analyst relations and marketing communications. I worked with service providers to develop go-to-market plans for their security service based on the Kindsight solution, while establishing credibility for Kindsight with key audiences.
- Executed award-winning product launch with service provider partner that resulted in fastest selling product ever for the company and surpassed first year target in 3 months.
- Increased awareness of Kindsight through high-profile coverage in top-tier media, including Wall Street Journal, USA Today, GigaOm, and others.
- Quoted as a security expert in media outlets and at conferences including ABC, MSNBC, Fox Business, PCMag, Network World, eWeek, TMCnet, SecurityWeek, and others.
- Launched Kindsight Security Labs, named one of top 5 by CIO magazine, and positioned it as a thought leader through quarterly reports and social media efforts.
- Built credibility with industry analysts, including being named a Gartner Cool Vendor.