I’m Brendan Ziolo, a B2B marketing expert focused on helping you engage your buyers to generate more demand for your products or services. That’s why I started my blog my years ago, launched a course to help non-marketers use LinkedIn, and am writing a book called Engage Your Buyers.
During my 20-year, award-winning career, I’ve led the marketing efforts for several start-ups that were acquired and was on the executive team of a public company where the share price increased 7.5x.
I’ve created compelling content, launched innovative products, and generated strong demand through integrated marketing campaigns that delivered better ROI. I’ve built industry-leading brands through clear messaging and prominent coverage. I’m a motivational leader who energizes his team to achieve top performance.
Before the concepts of buyer personas, buyer journeys and message maps became the next hot thing, I was developing marketing plans the capitalized on these concepts to great success using techniques that we now call content marketing, digital marketing, demand generation, etc.
Here are some of my top accomplishments:
- #1 integrated marketing campaign for Alcatel-Lucent with the most MQLs AND SQLs, 2nd most content downloaded, and 80+% of wins viewed 3+ pieces of content.
- New Guy, an innovative demand generation campaign, with 800k YouTube views.
- Award-winning Kindsight launch that was fastest selling product ever for service provider partner.
- Very successful Sipera Systems launch including several awards (Best of Interop) and #1 web site.
- TimeStep’s Awesome Powers, which was named one of the top 10 things to see at Interop Vegas.
If I had to choose three words to describe my personal brand attributes, they would be:
- Strategic: I believe marketing is a strategic activity that must be focused on generating demand and helping sales close more deals. It is not just a collection of tactics or pretty slides. I’ve been successful by clearly defining the objectives and developing the strategic plan to surpass them.
- Creative: Creativity is not just cool design but an approach to solving problems. I excel at finding new and creative ways to market the company and product, which can make the difference between a successful campaign with strong ROI and failure.
- Execution: The best plan or idea is nothing if it’s not executed better than anyone else. Getting things done is my biggest strength whether that’s by motivating someone to do their best or by just rolling up my sleeves and doing it myself.
I’m also a loving husband and proud father of my 6 year old son, who are my top priorities. But, when time allows, I am an aspiring writer who blogs here while struggling to finish my first novel and a photographer trying to get out and take more pictures.