I’m Brendan Ziolo, a B2B marketing expert, focused on helping you use marketing strategically to grow your business. During my 20-year, award-winning career, I’ve led the marketing efforts for several companies from start-ups that were acquired to global, multi-billion dollar companies.
I’ve created compelling content, launched innovative products, and generated strong demand through integrated marketing campaigns that delivered better ROI. I’ve built industry-leading brands through clear messaging and prominent coverage. I’m a motivational leader who energizes his team to achieve top performance.
Here are some of my top accomplishments:
- Launched the first B2B influencer series at Nokia called Real Action, which brought together industry heavyweights to solve real-world problems.
- Alcatel-Lucent New Guy, an innovative demand generation campaign, with 800k YouTube views.
- Award-winning Kindsight launch that was fastest selling product ever for service provider partner.
- Very successful Sipera Systems launch including several awards (Best of Interop) and #1 web site on Google.
- TimeStep’s Awesome Powers, which was named one of the top 10 things to see at Interop Vegas.
Discover more details of my background and experience along with references.
I believe marketing must be a strategic activity, not a collection of tactics, that delivers on key business goals. That’s why my plans are always built with a clearly defined audience, a deep understanding of your buyer’s journey and strong, differentiated messaging. You’ll achieve better results when you develop this strong foundation and then combine techniques from content marketing to social media and digital marketing to thought leadership.
If I had to choose three words to describe my personal brand, they would be:
- Strategic: I believe marketing is a strategic activity that must be focused on generating demand and helping sales close more deals. It is not just a collection of tactics or pretty slides. I’ve been successful by clearly defining the objectives and developing the strategic plan to surpass them.
- Creative: Creativity is not just cool design but an approach to solving problems. I excel at finding new and creative ways to market the company and product, which can make the difference between a successful campaign with strong ROI and failure.
- Execution: The best plan or idea is nothing if it’s not executed better than anyone else. Getting things done is my biggest strength whether that’s by motivating someone to do their best or by just rolling up my sleeves and doing it myself.
But enough about me, the reason I started this site and plan to expand on it is because I want to share the lessons I’ve learned during this time so you can hopefully avoid some of the mistakes I’ve made and also think about marketing differently. For 2022, I plan to post more often to the blog I started many years ago and become far more active on social media (you can follow me on Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter). I also have a couple of courses in the works that will walk you through some processes I have refined over the years and plans to write a book that pulls to all together. More to come on these initiatives.
I’m also a loving husband and proud father of my 10 year old son, who are my top priorities. But, when time allows, I am a photographer trying to get out and take more pictures.