At Alcatel-Lucent, we invent and deliver trusted, simpler, and adaptable networks for large enterprises that respond efficiently and cost effectively to emerging business opportunities and shifting user needs. As the IP networking and cloud specialist, we bring our leadership in IP and optics, our innovations in communications, and our dynamic start-up culture from our SDN venture, Nuage Networks, to meet the most demanding requirements of large networks and to unleash your business value.
At Alcatel-Lucent, I’m the Head of Large Enterprise Marketing were I lead the overall B2B marketing efforts for the company’s cloud, communications and networking solutions to large enterprises in the finance, healthcare and other verticals. I’ve built new solution offerings and developed the key messages that clearly positioned Alcatel-Lucent as a challenger in this market while developing the integrated marketing plan, including content creation, demand generation, brand awareness, social media and public relations.
- Planned and executed, with my team, the top integrated marketing campaign for Alcatel-Lucent in 2015 with the most marketing qualified leads (MQLs), the most sales qualified leads (SQLs), the second most content pieces downloaded, and over 80% of wins viewed at least 3 pieces of content.
- Launched The New Guy, an innovative demand generation campaign with over 800k YouTube views, which included videos, eBooks, digital marketing, social media and webinars.
- Developed all initiatives for the healthcare vertical that positioned Alcatel-Lucent as digital transformation thought leaders, including content marketing, social media (Twitter and LinkedIn), coverage in Healthcare Business Tech and Network Computing and spoke at industry conferences.
Kindsight is a network-based security solution that enables Internet service providers and mobile network operators to analyze Internet traffic for malware and pinpoint infected devices to identify risks and take action. To generate revenue and increase brand loyalty, Kindsight also enables communication service providers to launch differentiated, value-added services that combine network-based and device-based security for complete protection. In April 2013, Kindsight was acquired by Alcatel-Lucent and became a product line within its IP Platforms division.
Following the acquisition, I did business development for the the Kindsight Security solutions which included leading sales activities for the solution, product evangelism, demand generation, plus training and enablement of the broader Alcatel-Lucent sales team.
My successes included:
- Growing the pipeline of Kindsight opportunities, including securing two new tier one customers, several new trials and expanded existing customer deployments.
- Building credibility for the solution by speaking at conferences and participating in industry organizations, including Co-chair of Online Trust Alliance Anti-botnet Working Group.
Before the acquisition, I was the VP, Marketing responsible for all aspects of corporate and product marketing, media and analyst relations and marketing communications. I worked with service providers to develop go-to-market plans for their security service based on the Kindsight solution, while establishing credibility for Kindsight with key audiences.
- Executed award-winning product launch with service provider partner that resulted in fastest selling product ever for the company and surpassed first year target in 3 months.
- Increased awareness of Kindsight through high-profile coverage in top-tier media, including Wall Street Journal, USA Today, GigaOm, and others.
- Quoted as a security expert in media outlets and at conferences including ABC, MSNBC, Fox Business, PCMag, Network World, eWeek, TMCnet, SecurityWeek, and others.
- Launched Kindsight Security Labs, named one of top 5 by CIO magazine, and positioned it as a thought leader through quarterly reports and social media efforts.
- Built credibility with industry analysts, including being named a Gartner Cool Vendor.
Sipera Systems provides a real-time unified communications (UC) security platform that enables enterprises to simplify and confidently deploy their VoIP and unified communications over any network to any device while service providers can protect and quickly offer new IP-based communication services. Sipera Systems was acquired by Avaya in 2011.
I was the first marketing hire by Sipera and executed its launch to enterprises and service providers while defining Sipera’s brand and go-to-market plan. I built a team of five over time that was responsible for public relations, demand generation, sales collateral, competitive analysis, web site, training and documentation.
- Built successful marketing campaigns, including webinars, email, tradeshows, sales collateral and online programs, that resulted in thousands of qualified leads.
- Implemented marketing automation tools and Salesforce.com to measure the ROI of lead generation programs and track leads through the sales funnel.
- Launched #1 ranked web site and PPC campaign that surpassed industry metrics.
- Acted as company spokesperson and established key relationships with editors/analysts to generate widespread coverage.
- Established brand credibility through winning several product awards including Best of Interop.
Certicom protects the value of your content, software and devices with government-approved security. As the undisputed leader in Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC), Certicom security offerings are currently licensed to more than 300 customers including Blackberry, General Dynamics, Motorola, Oracle, Unisys and others. Certicom was acquired by Blackberry in 2009.
At Certicom, I was the Director of Marketing brought in as part of a turnaround team. I developed the marketing strategy and led all product launches, lead generation, PR, investor relations, collateral, events, web, partner marketing, and inside sales initiatives with a team of five.
- Member of executive team that led successful turnaround and 7.5x increase in share price.
- Branded Certicom as undisputed leader in Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) and repositioned its products from point solutions to complete security architecture.
- Created messaging and sales tools for Certicom’s diverse audiences.
- Directed all events and lead generation programs that resulted in an increase in demand for Certicom solutions
Espial is a leading supplier of digital TV and IPTV software and solutions to cable MSOs and telecommunications operators as well as consumer electronics manufacturers. Espial’s middleware, video-on-demand, and browser products power a diverse range of pay-TV and Internet TV business models. Over 35 million licenses of its patented software are in use across the world.
At Espial, I was the Director, Marketing Communications where I built and managed the Espial brand while directing a team of ten contributors to execute events, lead generation campaigns, public relations, writing, design and web sites.
- Planned and executed the company’s most successful vertical marketing campaign, which targeted the interactive TV/set-top box industry, and included the Espial Seminar Series.
- Managed PR agencies that generated increasing coverage in the US, UK, and Germany.
- Developed integrated marketing strategies that provided the greatest ROI in terms of qualified lead generation.
TimeStep Corporation was a pioneer in the secure VPN industry and leader in the development of the IPSec standard. The award-winning PERMIT Enterprise product suite was the most comprehensive secure VPN solution for corporate intranets, extranets, and Internet remote access. In 1999, TimeStep was acquired by Newbridge Networks which was subsequently acquired by Alcatel, which is now Alcatel-Lucent.
At TimeStep, I was a Product Marketing and Marketing Communications Manager that developed and executed marketing strategies, which positioned TimeStep as the leader in secure VPNs. I managed a marketing team of 5 people that were responsible for lead generation, collateral, web site, inside sales, events and product marketing programs.
- Created and executed the company’s most successful marketing campaign, TimeStep’s Awesome Powers, which was named one of the top 10 things to see at Interop Vegas.
- Developed award winning marketing collateral for TimeStep’s major product launch.
- Acted as VPN product spokesperson for media, analysts and at industry conferences.
- Following the acquisition, developed Alcatel Secure Force, a widely viewed online program, which increased product awareness and trained Newbridge/Alcatel sales force.