Before I launched Zinc Marketing to help B2B technology companies scale-up their marketing capacity with better ROI, I was a B2B marketing executive for over 20 years with technology companies in Dallas, Silicon Valley, Toronto and Ottawa. During my award-winning career, I’ve always pushed the boundaries of what marketing can do for an organization to put it on the map.
This included a global thought leadership program that relied on stories rather than product-led content to build the brand and a B2B influencer program that proposed solutions to real world problems. There have also been live events and video series that used entertainment to deliver the organization’s core message and build awareness.
But, I have rolled up my sleeves to launch several start-ups and built their marketing teams, which executed everything from content to product launches and demand generation to media. Learn more about my experience with several leading B2B tech companies.
I was the Head of Campaign Strategy and Thought Leadership Program where I lead all of Nokia’s global marketing campaigns in support of a growing multi-billion dollar business. Prior to this role, I was Head of Digital Networks product marketing.
- Created the first B2B influence program called, Real Action.
- Lead the editorial team that executed the Nokia thought leadership program.
- Launched the cross-company #NoBoundaries brand campaign.
I was the head of Large Enterprise Marketing were I positioned Alcatel-Lucent as a challenger in this market while developing the integrated marketing plan, including content creation, demand generation, brand awareness, social media and public relations.
- Launched The New Guy campaign with 800k+ views on YouTube.
- Top integrated marketing campaign with the most MQLs and SQLs.
- Secured coverage in key vertical media and spoke at industry conferences.
I was the VP, Marketing responsible for all aspects of corporate and product marketing, media and analyst relations and marketing communications. Following the acquisition by Alcatel-Lucent, I did business development for the Kindsight solutions
- Award-winning Hacker Alert product launch with service provider partner.
- High-profile coverage in top-tier media, including WSJ, USA Today, and others.
- Launched Kindsight Security Labs, named one of top 5 by CIO magazine.
I was the first marketing hire by Sipera and executed its corporate launch while defining Sipera’s brand and go-to-market plan. I built a team of five that was responsible for PR, demand generation, collateral, web site, training and documentation.
- Built marketing campaigns, which resulted in 1000s of qualified leads.
- Implemented marketing automation and Salesforce.com to measure ROI.
- Won several product awards including Best of Interop.
At Certicom, I was the Director of Marketing brought in as part of a turnaround team. I developed the marketing strategy and led all product launches, lead generation, PR, investor relations, content, events, and inside sales initiatives with a team of five.
- Member of executive team that led to 7.5x increase in share price.
- Branded Certicom as undisputed leader in Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC).
- Directed all lead generation programs that increased demand for Certicom solutions.
At TimeStep, I was a Product Marketing and Marketing Communications Manager that executed marketing strategies to create a market for secure VPNs. I managed a marketing team of 5 people that were responsible for content, web site, inside sales, events and campaigns.
- Created TimeStep’s Awesome Powers, one of top 10 things to see at Interop Vegas.
- Developed award winning marketing collateral for major product launch.
- Spokesperson for media, analysts and at industry conferences.